Blackfoot offers a cost-effective range of secure server SSL certificates.
Secure your webserver and conduct safe e-commerce over the internet with our cost effective SSL Certificates.
Comodo SSL is 2048-bit ready so you don’t not need to worry about vulnerable 1024-bit security certificates, and can rely on Comodos’ SSL certificates to keep your website secure for years to come.
|Comodo SSL Certificates||EssentialSSL||InstantSSL||EVSSL|
|Validation Type||Domain Validation||Organization validation||Extended Validation|
|Cost per year||£20.00||£60.00||£150.00|
|SSL Encryption||up to 256-bit||up to 256-bit||up to 256-bit|
|99% Browser Compatibility|
|Browser Security Lock|
|Mobile device compatibility|
|An SSL Certificate can be ordered with a new hosting plan or as an ‘Addon’ to an existing hosting plan by logging into your client area here||EssentialSSL||InstantSSL||EVSSL|
- An SSL certificate can only be provided for the main hosted domain and not for an addon domain or subdomain.
- SSL requires a dedicated IP which is an included feature of our Ecommerce, Professional and Partner Hosting Plans. If you have a Home or Business Hosting plan you will need to upgrade before purchasing an SSL certificate.
- How are the certificates validated?
- - Domain Validation certificates authenticate that the purchaser of the certificate also owns (or administers) the domain name to which the certificate will be applied. This lowest level of authentication also offers the lowest prices and allows you to secure your web site the most rapidly.
- - Organization Validation certificates receive some scrutiny to confirm the relationship between the domain name, domain owner and the business for which the certificate will be used.
- - Extended Validation certificates require the certificate authority to perform a more extensive verification of the purchaser’s business and their authority to purchase a certificate on behalf of that company. Once installed, EV certificates turn the browser address bar green to give visitors a visual cue that this is a trustworthy site.
- Comodo Site Seal or Corner-of-Trust trustmark provides addition assurance for free (with InstantSSL and EVSSL certificates).
- Do you have any questions? Please contact our friendly staff via the Contact Form and we will be happy to answer any queries that you may have.
Blackfoot is a UK web hosting company with worldwide clients. The majority of our clients are businesses and individuals in the UK and all our clients are hosted on our servers in our three London facilities.