You can be the proud owner of your very own UK domain name (or any international domain) in just a few minutes thanks to Blackfoot’s extremely affordable domain registration rates. Check out our pricing to buy a new domain name or renew an existing one:
|Domain (TLD)||1 year||2 years||5 years||10 years|
[.TV has a category of domain names called "Premium Names" which have a different pricing structure. Premium .tv domain names are generic words and phrases, and one, two, and three-character domain names. We currently do not register these names.]
Blackfoot is proud to host ALL country domain names, not only those listed above.
So, how can I get a domain name?
Follow these easy steps:
- Enter a domain name of between 3-63 characters into the Domain Search field.
- Use the following characters – lowercase letters, numbers, and the hyphen ‘-’ character.
- You cannot begin or end a domain name with the hyphen ‘-’ character.
- Click on the ‘Search’ button. Blackfoot will quickly tell you whether your domain is available.
Find the Perfect Domain Name Today!
Transferring a domain
Blackfoot does not charge for using your domain if you are currently hosted elsewhere. You simply need to change the name servers as instructed in the welcome email when you set up an account with us. However, your current host may charge a fee to release or modify your domain name record – please check with them for more information.
How do I transfer a domain name to Blackfoot?
Option 1 – Change the name servers only:
- Contact your current ISP or registrar and inform them that you need to update your domain name registration details with the Blackfoot nameservers. You may be able make these changes yourself if you have an online account with them.
- We will email you the Blackfoot name server details when you have confirmed your order.
- Once the name server details have been changed it will take up to 24 hours to propagate globally. After that you’ll be ready to go!
Option 2 – Completely transfer the domain to Blackfoot:
How do I transfer a .com, .net, .org, .biz or .info domain name?
- To transfer a .com, .net, .org, .biz or .info domain completely to Blackfoot so that we are responsible for invoicing you at renewal time costs £8.50 plus vat and this extends the registration by 1 year.
- If you wish to transfer your domain to us please place your order here.
- Important: You must ensure that the domain is unlocked at the current registrar before we can initiate the transfer request.
- Transfers can take several days and the domain contacts and losing registrar must approve the transfer before it will take place. Please ensure that the admin contact email address is valid because emails are sent to that address requesting approval of the transfer.
- Please note that it is not compulsory to transfer your domain to use it for a hosting account at Blackfoot. You can simply modify the name servers instead (see Option 1 above) and the existing registrar will remain responsible for domain renewals.
- The Enom domain name terms and conditions can be found here.
- If you have any questions regarding domain transfers, please feel free to submit a ticket to our help desk.
How do I transfer a .co.uk, .org.uk, .ltd.uk, .me.uk domain name?
- Contact your current registrar and ask them transfer the IPSTAG to BLACKFOOT (all uppercase). This will release the technical part of your domain name to our control.
- Nominet, the UK domain registry, will notify us once it is on our tag and we will notify you that the transfer is complete.
- Once on our name servers it takes up to 24 hours to propagate globally. After that you’ll be ready to go!
All .uk domain names are subject to the Nominet Registry terms and conditions here.
ID Protect – Whois Privacy Protection
ID protect is available for .com, .net, .org, .biz and .info domains.
What is ID protect?
ID protect is a whois privacy service. Without ID protect your contact details, including your name, email, and phone number are publicly visible meaning spammers can potentially obtain your email and contact information and then use it for spamming purposes. ID protect replaces those details with the Whois Privacy Service details making your domain registrations private.
How much does it cost?
ID protect costs only £10/yr per domain and can be purchased when a domain is ordered. You can order ID protect for an existing domain via the client area. Once logged in navigate to Domains->My domains->Manage domain->Addons.
UK Whois Optout
UK domains (.co.uk, .org.uk and .me.uk) registered to private individuals can make use of the ‘Whois optout’ service which removes the registrant’s address details from public display. This feature can be selected when placing an order and is free.
If you have any questions, please, let us know!